Title: An Evening Of Yes Music Plus
Artist: Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe
Type: Live Album
Released: October 12th, 1993
Label: Griffin Music
Producer: Brian Lane
An Evening Of Yes Music Plus is is a live album by the progressive rock group Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe.
Though ABWH had lost the legal rights to use the name of their parent group Yes, it was agreed that they could refer to their origins in Yes on tour posters and merchandise. Thus their 1989-90 world tour was advertised by the phrase “An Evening of Yes Music Plus”.
The album opens with an excerpt from Benjamin Britten’s “Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra”. The rest of the album consists of material from Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe’s self-titled studio album, classic Yes songs and excerpts from Rick Wakeman’s solo work.
Tony Levin, who played bass on the studio album as well as most of the tour, was ill during the concert recorded on this album. He was replaced by bassist Jeff Berlin. The cover features a painting by Roger Dean titled “Floating Islands”.
The album was released in the US by Herald/Caroline Records.
Track Listing Edit
- Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide To The Orchestra (1:41)
- Time And A Word/Owner Of A Lonely Heart/Teakbois (7:32)
- Clap/Mood For A Day (9:35)
- Gone But Not Forgotten/Catherine Parr/Merlin The Magician (5:37)
- Long Distance Runaround/Drum Solo (7:10)
- Birthright (7:23)
- And You And I (9:54)
- Starship Trooper (12:48)
- Close To The Edge (19:48)
- Themes (6:37)
- Brother Of Mine (11:17)
- Heart Of The Sunrise (10:46)
- Order Of The Universe (9:30)
- Roundabout (9:53)